Discover Tonle Sap Lake
Experience Cambodia’s real life by visiting the local villages, discover floating village by boat and connect a local artisan when we visit silver handicraft workshop and Khmer Ceramic Pottery village. The Tonle Sap is the largest freshwater lake in Southeast Asia and one of the richest inland fishing grounds in the world. More than 3 million people live on or around this river and make their living from fishing, farming and handicraft.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday TypeChildren, Discovery, Family, Photography, River Cruise
Activity Level Fairly Easy
Group Size Small Group
Experience Cambodia’s real life by visiting the local villages, discover floating village by boat and connect a local artisan when we visit silver handicraft workshop and Khmer Ceramic Pottery village. This is a great day trip experience in Phnom Penh, we heading out the city by minivan or bus which our guide will share you a real experience of Cambodia and see how they lives in the rural area and on the Tonle Sap Lake.
The Tonle Sap is the largest freshwater lake in Southeast Asia and one of the richest inland fishing grounds in the world. More than 3 million people live on or around this river and make their living from fishing, farming and handicraft. To be able to include all these highlights in the itinerary involves a considerable amount of overland travel by private mini bus and private boat. Purified drinking water were serves for you with a tropical fruits and lunch at local restaurant is a great way for this journey. This leisurely discover Tonle Sap Lake, offering the chance to experience very best of Cambodia.
- Have a short walking through the silver handicraft village and ceramic pottery village where you’ll learn more about this cultural artisan as long as get a real-life experience in Khmer villages.
- Explore Oudong hill as the old capital city before Phnom Penh and have a stunning view of Cambodia countryside from the hilltop
- Relaxing and refreshing on boat through the Tonle Sap Lak where you’ll encounter experience with floating villages, islands and fishing community
Tour at a glance:
- Depart daily at 7:30am
- Walking pace: Easy
- Tour fee (per person): US $95 (adult) and US $35 (child under 10 years old)
- Min group size: 3 pax
- Max group size: 12 pax
- Join and end in Phnom Penh
- Photographic Opportunity: Excellence
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- English speaking guide
- All entrance ticket fees
- Purified drinking water and some tropical fruit
- Boat trip fee to explore floating village in the Tonle Sap Lake
- Round trip private vehicle support
- Personal Expense & tips
- Travel insurance
Discover Tonle Sap Lake
At 7:30am we meet you and pick you up from your hotel in Phnom Penh. After the mini bus transfer, we have an easy walk through the local villages, meet local people and connect with a local artisan when we visiting the silver handicraft workshop as long as see some floating house in the river. At there you can find some silvers or bronzes for your souvenir as it would be great for contribution to the local income. Continuedly, we climb up to a small hill of Udong where you’ll explore the largest buddha statue, royal family stupas and get a stunning view of Cambodia countryside from the hilltop. After visiting the Udong mountain, we drive to Japanese NGO’s training restaurant for our lunch and then we drive to lively city of Kampong Chhnang as the home of Cambodia ceramic pottery where you will explore this peaceful villages and beautiful countryside as much as get more experience with local villagers on the ceramic pottery production. A final we have boat trip at twilight to see the floating village and islands of the Tonle Sap Lake where you’ll encounter experience with the real life of people on the river. After a refreshing on boat through the floating village, we driving back to your hotel which is a proximately at 8pm or late upon the traffic condition.
We do suggest you to bring appropriate clothing to fit the season and a day pack to carry extra snacks and water. Here is some of the items that you can on it:
- Wear comfort clothes, sun hate or umbrella
- Shoes, sunglasses and sun cream with SPF+
- Mosquito repellent and Camera or smart phone for taking some photo during the trip and make sure their battery are enough