Hiking & Camping in Kirirom National Park
3 days and 2 nights hiking tour from Phnom Penh, Cambodia. Experience with hiking adventure thought chartering rainforest and pine forest, where wildlife snuffle in the underbrush and many birds fry from tree to tree, you’ll encounter a Kirirom National Park untouched by the crowds.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Strenuous
Group Size Small Group
It’s a fantastic holiday as combining with hiking experiences, staying overnight in a local community project home stay and one night in a luxury tent at the hill top of Kirirom National Park.
These national park is a high-altitude plateau as known for its unique high elevation pine forest, which forms the headwaters for numerous streams feeding Kampong Spue town. This park is also the home to many endangered species of animals such as Pleated gibbon, sun bear and tiger. With its lush and elevated location, the Kirirom National Park has a real escapism feel to it, with the stunning views across to the Cardamom Mountains. This is a moderate to challenging activity where you need to climb and downhill by foots and delicious packed lunch in the jungle. To be able to include all these highlights in the itinerary involves a considerable amount of overland travel, by private bus. Purified drinking water were serve for you with a full board meal at local restaurant is a great way to sign off on this holiday.
- Explore Khmer villages, countryside and see real life of local people as well as enjoy a local foods
- See Khmer traditional dancing show by children where it a part of benefit to them for their education
- Experiences overnight at local home stay and hike in the jungle, where you’ll get rain-forest experiences with fresh air and waterfall.
- Walk through bamboo forest, rainforest, and pine forest in Chambok community and Kirirom National Park as the home of wild animals and birds
- Take a break from your adventures on the hilltop with stunning views across to the Cardamom Mountains.
- One night experience in a local home stay and one night in a luxury tent of Kirirom National Park
Tour at a glance:
- Depart from Phnom Penh at 1:30pm daily
- Tour Price (Per Person): US$ 296
- Total hiking distance : 17km (10 miles)
- Max altitude – 675 metres (2,215 ft)
- Minimum age: 10 years old
- Max group size: 10
- Photographic: Good
- Hotel pick up and drop off in Phnom Penh city
- English speaking hike guide and local guides
- All entrance fees and drinking water
- Private vehicle support
Accommodation and Meals
- 1 night at a community project home stay
- 1 night in a luxury camping tents in Kirirom National Park (2 pax per tent)
- 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 1 dinner
- Single supplement US$65
- Personal expense and tips
- All alcohol or other drink doesn’t mention in the tour plan
- Travel Insurance
- Thing to do in VKirirom Resort (E.g horse riding, rental bike, etc.)
Local villages at Twilight and one night like a local
We will leave from Phnom Penh capital city at 1 pm and drive to Chambok Community Ecotourism Site with approximately 3 hour drive and we have some short break in the former Khmer Rouge Villages as now we called the Charcoal community where you’ll discover real local lives and how their life growing. After that, we arrive Chambok Villages and get an easy walk through this local villages, see your home stay and see traditional dancing show by children and enjoy local dinner were served by local women group with cool beer before we get back to home stay.
|Walk distance 2 km| Meals: D | 30 minutes dancing show| Overnight in Chambok Home Stay|
Hiking in the forest of Kirirom National Park
Today’s journey follows the Chambok community which is a rural tourism project that benefits local farmers. We will explore bamboo forest, rainforest and relaxing with packed lunch in the jungle, where you’ll experiences a different side of them. Then, we climb up to the hilltop with stunning views across to the Cardamom Mountains and pause along the way to walk down a ranger road. We will walk in peaceful park and beautiful nature which covered by pine trees and nice temperature. Bravo! After we finished the hike, we get on our vehicle to camping site for overnight stay in tents with natural experience.
|Hiking distance 15 km| Meals: B L |Overnight in a luxury camping tent|
Follow VKirirom Resort's Activities and back to Phnom Penh optional to Sihanouk Vile
There are not many activities planned for the final day. After breakfast, you can find something to do from VKiriom Resort and Lunch is a welcome prospect, before you back to Phnom Penh capital with approximately 3 hour on our vehicle supported and optional with drop off you in the bus and taxi station for your next destinations to Sihanouk Vile or Koh Kong provinces.
|Meals= B L| 3 hour drive back to Phnom Penh|
We offer variable accommodation during the trip where you will experience to stay in rural area like local people and richest natural setting with stunning view of Kirirom National Park.
- Home Stay in Chambok Village. Experience the way the locals live by sleeping in one of our homestays. Many houses in Cambodia are built on talks to provide shadow and protect that house from the rain and animals. Even though the accommodation is basic , you will like it there. The families will welcome you warmly and show you a more simple way of life. The water which is used for drinking, cooking and washing comes directly from the waterfall. Chambok is fortunate to have clean water available the whole year. Click here to learn more about this community based ecotourism site.
- VKirirom Pine Resort located on top of kirirom mountain national park provides you once in a life time experiences. A lot of activities in the fresh air like Jungle trekking, horse riding, fruit picking, team building for corporation as well with new creative delicious cuisine contains organic vegetable from own farm. Click here to learn more about this natural resort.