Kirirom National Park Day Trek
This is a day trek to Kirirom National Park. This journey is following the Chambok Community Based Ecotourism which is a rural tourism project that benefits to the local farmers and environmental protection as much as for sustainable travel. You’ll encounter experience with natural views, beautiful waterfalls, and beautiful stunning views at the east of Cardamom Mountain.
Reviews 1 Review5/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Medium Group
This is a day trip trek to Kirirom National Park, where you’ll encounter experience with natural views, beautiful waterfall, and beautiful stunning views at the east of Cardamom Mountain. The local ecotourism site was initiated by local NGO which benefit for local farmers as well as create more job, more income and mostly changed their tradition job by cutting trees and bamboo to protect it for sustainable development. Kirirom National Park is connected with this community, it’s a high altitude plateau as known for its unique high elevation pine forest, which forms the headwaters for numerous streams feeding Kampong Speu Town. This park is also the home to many endangered species of animals such as Pleated gibbon, sun bear and tiger. With its lush and elevated location, the Kirirom National Park has a real escapism feel to it, with the stunning views across to the Cardamom Mountains. This is a moderate to challenging activity where you need to climb and downhill by foots and delicious packed lunch in the jungle. Our vehicle supported is waiting to take us back to Phnom Penh the hilltop of Kirirom National Park where the finished point of our enjoyable trekking adventure day.
- Experience with local ecotourism site where you’ll see the real life and real culture of local people in the countryside
- Hike to the jungle where you’ll explore beautiful nature, beautiful waterfall, and stunning views across to the Cardamom Mountain and beautiful views of countryside
- Enjoy a packed lunch in the jungle and delicious local street dinner
Tour at a glance:
- Full day trekking tour
- Depart daily at 5:30 am
- Max distance 15 km
- Activity level: Moderate to Challenging
- Max altitude – 675 meters (2,215ft)
- Join & end in Phnom Penh with vehicle supported
- Minimum age: 9 years old
- Min group size: 2
- Max group size 12
- Photographic opportunity: Good
- Hotel pick up & drop off
- Local trekking guide
- All entrance fees
- 1 breakfast and 1 packed lunch were serve by tourism community and purified drinking water
- Vehicle supported with local tour organizer
- Personal expenses & tip, Travel insurance (cover against all cancellation costs, medical expenses, including repatriation, in the event of accident of illness).
- Beer, soft drink and other fresh juice
Hiking to Kirirom National Park & drive back to Phnom Penh optional with Sihanouk Vile
Today’s journey follows the Chambok community which is a rural tourism project that benefits local farmers. We will explore bamboo forest, rain forest and relaxing packed lunch on the fourth waterfall where you’ll experiences a different side of them. Then, we climb up to the hilltop with stunning views across to the Cardamom Mountains and pause along the way to walk down a ranger road. We will walking in peaceful park and beautiful nature which covered by pine trees and warm temperature. Refreshing through the pine tree, peaceful park and explore from the top of Kirirom Mountain are the ideal way to end our day tours, before returning to your hotel in Phnom Penh with approximately 3 hour on our vehicle supported and optional with drop off you in the bus and taxi station for your next destinations to Sihanouk Vile or Koh Kong provinces.
|15km hiking| Meals= BL |
- Refill water bottle to reduce plastic waste where in the Cambodian countryside, recycling facilities for plastic are nonexistent, and people burn their waste. It will releases toxic gases such as carbon monoxide, dioxins and furans which can cause cancer, impotence, asthma and a myriad of other allergies.
- Not much to bring as our trips are all inclusive. We do suggest you to bring appropriate clothing to fit the season and a day pack to carry extra snacks and water. Here is some of the items that you can on it:
- Shoes, sunglasses and sun cream with SPF+
- Mosquito repellent
- Camera or smart phone for taking some photo during the trip and make sure their battery are enough
Yes. Reservations are required for guaranteed spots on all tours. Reservations help us determine the number of guides we need to ensure that our groups remain manageable and enjoyable, and they allow us to notify you of changes to the tour due to weather or anything that could disturb the tours.
Not at all. This trip is able to run from 1 pax, however there is no surcharge for solo traveler.
Set in for adventure tourists, Vana Tour’s tours are generally an international crowd with people often coming from Australia, New Zealand, Europe, The United State, Singapore, Japan and Malaysia.