Mekong Island at Twilight Bike Ride
A half day bike ride through Island of Mekong at twilight. Enjoy an easy and fun ride on quiet back roads of Mekong Islands at twilight near Phnom Penh capital city, where you’ll encounter experience with beautiful farmlands, pretty local villages and connected with a local artisans during visit silk weaving house. This journey runs from your hotel in Phnom Penh with optional of pick you up to the first ferry near Diamond Islands.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Fairly Easy
Group Size Medium Group
Enjoy an easy and fun ride on quiet back roads of Mekong Islands, where you’ll encounter experience with beautiful farmlands, pretty local villages and connected with a local artisans during visit silk weaving house. These islands is not far away from Phnom Penh city, that very suitable for your time to get there by bicycle and much enjoyable with beautiful countryside, friendly local people as well as delicious local dinner at nice restaurant with tourists standard. Mekong Islands is located about 18 kilometer north of Phnom Penh city which entire area of these island covers 30 square kilometers of land lying on the shores of Mekong River. Biking on these islands at twilight also perfect way to explore beautiful countryside and see real life, real people and incredible experience along the way. This journey runs from your hotel in Phnom Penh with optional of pick you up to the first ferry near Diamond Islands.
- Experience with ferry crossing of Mekong River
- Explore pretty villages, local markets and beautiful farmlands
- Experiences on beautiful countryside, Khmer traditional houses and local people
- Connect with a local artisans during the visit silk weaving house
- Enjoy a diner at local community project home-stay
Tour at a Glance
- Depart daily at 2:30 pm- 6:30 pm
- Cycling distance 25 kilometers ( 16 miles)
- 85% off-roads & 90% vehicle supported
- 3 ferry crossing of Mekong River
- Minimum age: 9 years old
- Max group size : 12
- Photographic: Good
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- 3 ferry crossing fees
- 1 diner at local restaurant
- All drinking water, and local fruits
- Cycling guide, mountain bike and helmet or tandem bike or bike trailer for kid
- Vehicle supported
- Personal expenses & tip, Travel insurance (cover against all cancellation costs, medical expenses, including repatriation, in the event of accident of illness).
- Beer, soft drink and other fresh juice
Explore island of Mekong at Twilight with bicycle
At 2 pm is the pickup time from your hotel by tuk tuk or minivan upon the group size, then we transfer to the starting point located about 5km from central. After the short transfer, saddle up the first ferry port, then we cycle through quiet back roads, across farmlands and visit silk weaving house where you’ll learn more about traditional skill and your guide will show you more about the lifestyle of local people on the Mekong Islands, which based on farmlands, catching fish and how they can connect their lives with the people at Phnom Penh City. After visit silk weaving house and delicious local fruits, we cycling to explore Silk Island where we need to get another ferry to get there. These island, is located in the central of the Mekong Islands where covered by farmlands, beautiful countryside and best place to explore farming activities as well as enjoy with fresh air. Continuously, you will explore one more islands as the biggest islands at that area where you’ll delicious local diner before you ride back to the last ferry as our vehicle supported is waiting the to pick you up to the hotel for sign off our half day tour at Mekong Islands at Twilight.
|25km cycling| Meals= D|
We do suggest you to bring appropriate clothing to fit the season and a day pack to carry extra snacks and water. Here is some of the items that you can on it:
- Wear comfort clothes
- Shoes, sunglasses and sun cream with SPF+
- Mosquito repellent and Camera or smart phone for taking some photo during the trip and make sure their battery are enough
Cambodian food tends not to be as hot or spicy as Thai and 85% of Cambodia food are come from vegetable and fish as normally they eat as a fresh meal. The most popular fast food in Cambodia, often served from street stalls, is the Chinese noodle soup. Commonly Cambodia meals is including steam rice, while your traveling on this journey we will find a wide variety of Cambodia cuisines such as Amok, green curry, green herb soup, and other stir-fried vegetable.
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required