Mekong Islands Biking Tour
A half day cycling tour near Phnom Penh capital city. This is a best way to see peaceful Khmer villages, beautiful countryside and silk weaving factory which is located on upstream of the Mekong River about 18km from Phnom Penh capital city.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Fairly Easy
Group Size Medium Group
It’s a fantastic way to see beautiful countryside, farmlands and enjoy a morning cycle on back roads through farming villages, and countryside near Phnom Penh city, connecting local artisan of silk weaving where you’ll experience with local people and see a real life of the Cambodia countryside. This journey runs from your hotel in Phnom Penh with optional of pick you up to the first ferry near Diamond Islands.
Just 5km cycle ride from the Cambodian capital city of Phnom Penh, there are a mainland and islands where you’ll explore beautiful countryside, peaceful area and pretty local villages by bicycle. Interestingly, you will visit silk weaving house, see silk worm and experience with silk weaving that it is a part of Cambodia traditional silk handicraft and part of local benefit beside of their farming.
Islands of the Mekong River is combined by 3 small islands are covering by farmlands, Khmer traditional house and pretty local villages where the local people access there by ferry and easy way to see real life, real culture of Cambodia by bicycle near Phnom Penh city.
- Discover beautiful farmlands, beautiful countryside and pretty local villages of Cambodia
- Connect with a local artisans during the visit silk weaving house
- Learn more about real life of Cambodia rural area
- Enjoy Khmer local lunch
Tour at a Glance
- Depart daily at 7:30 am, 9:00 am and 2:30 pm
- Cycling distance 20 kilometers ( 13 miles)
- 85% off-roads & 90% vehicle supported
- 3 ferry crossing of Mekong River
- Minimum age: 6 years old
- Max group size: 12 pax except private group tour and student group tour
- Photographic: Good
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- 3 ferry crossing fees
- 1 lunch at local restaurant
- All drinking water, and fruit
- Cycling guide, mountain bike and helmet or tandem bike or bike trailer for kids
- Vehicle supported
- Travel insurance
- Miscellaneous personal expenses and tips
Best way to see Mekong Island by bicycle
We will pick you up from your hotel by Tuk Tuk or vehicle upon your group size from 7:15 am, then drive to Areyakhsat ferry Port next to Diamond Island as our starting point.
After crossing river by ferry, we will explore the beautiful landscape of greenery rural that rich of fruit and vegetable farms and there are local markets. Our guide will show you the lifestyle of people on the Mekong Island, which based on paddy rice and how they can connect their lives with the people at Phnom Penh City.
Continuously, we will visit silk weaving house, silk worm and experience with silk weaving that it is a part of Cambodia traditional silk handicraft and part of local benefit beside of their farming. Then we cycle to second ferry cross to Silk Island.
Silk Island is named by tourists located on upstream of Mekong River, farmlands, fresh air, beautiful countryside were make this island get more attractive from local people and tourists. After we cycle through silk islands on quiet back road, we will get one more ferry crossing Mekong River to another mainland as our vehicle supported is waiting there to bring you back to local restaurant and to your hotel for sign off our half day bike tour in Phnom Penh.
|20km cycling | Meals= L |
We do suggest you to bring appropriate clothing to fit the season and a day pack to carry extra snacks and water. Here is some of the items that you can on it:
- Wear comfort clothes
- Shoes, sunglasses and sun cream with SPF+
- Mosquito repellent and Camera or smart phone for taking some photo during the trip and make sure their battery are enough
Cambodian food tends not to be as hot or spicy as Thai and 85% of Cambodia food are come from vegetable and fish as normally they eat as a fresh meal. The most popular fast food in Cambodia, often served from street stalls, is the Chinese noodle soup. Commonly Cambodia meals is including steam rice, while your traveling on this journey we will find a wide variety of Cambodia cuisines such as Amok, green curry, green herb soup, and other stir-fried vegetable.
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required