Phnom Penh Night Ride
Phnom Penh bike ride at night. This old city never sleeps as we ride through small back roads and alley ways to see the lives of Khmer people. We would pick you up from your hotel and transfer to our starting point at river front.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Fairly Easy
Group Size Medium Group
We deliver our bikes and meet you at your hotel with helmet, traffic vest and bicycle LED light, we’ll take you on a magical tour of Phnom Penh. This old city never sleeps as we ride through small back roads and alley ways to see the lives of Khmer people. Some fun started just after the sunsets, from a tranquil park where locals practice dancing or played any sport for their exercise; enjoy entertainment music on pub street bar, to a night market with various type of delicious local food and some souvenir products as much as explore some of French colonial architectures. Then explore part of garment factories area to learn about Cambodian workers life and discover the largest fruits & vegetable local market which open 24 hours before delicious dinner at local restaurant.
- See Phnom Penh city from Chrouy Chanhva Island
- Explore some of French colonial architectures and garment factories and learn about their workers life
- Visit slum area in this city who living along the railway
- Visit local markets as the biggest fruit & vegetable market in Phnom Penh as well as in Cambodia
- Enjoy street foods tasting and explore some of public parks
Tour at a Glance
- Depart daily at 4:30pm
- Cycling distance: 20km
- Minimum age: 10 years old
- Max group size: 12
- Join tour
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Local cycling guide
- Cannondale Mountain Bicycle and helmet
- Traffic vest and LED light
- Drinking water and all local street foods tasting
- 1 dinner at local restaurant
- Personal expenses & tip, Travel insurance (cover against all cancellation costs, medical expenses, including repatriation, in the event of accident of illness).
- Beer, soft drink and other fresh juice
Discover Phnom Penh at night with bicycle
At 4:30 pm, we would pick you up from your hotel and transfer to our starting point at river front where you’ll see a lot of thing of local people and tourists who got there for exercise, eating and relaxing from their works. Then we cycle to explore some building of French colonial architecture and after that we will ride to visit garment factories site to visit their workers living condition, learn about their life and you also have a short interview with them to get more information what you want to learn from them.
It’s so amazing life for these workers, most of all ladies workers who came from other provinces in Cambodia. Their basic salaries and other over time working fee totally about 90$ to 150$ per month. They used their salaries to survive their life such as rental room, utilities expense, meal, clothes, cosmetic and entertainment. Mostly, they always support their family through the small salary as about 10$ or 15$ per month for their parents and supported for sister or brother getting education.
Continuously, our guide would arrange you to taste some of local street foods, where if you’re brave enough you can sample anything from silkworms to tarantula. Then visit fruit & vegetable market as the biggest market in Cambodia, we may need to walk in these local market, where you’ll explore a lot of fruit, vegetable that came from other provinces and imported from other countries. After that, you will getting a dinner at local restaurant with Khmer cuisine and enjoy a beer before us back to your hotel. Time is so fast, it now is your back time to the hotel and have a good night!
|20km cycling| Meals= 1 dinner|