The Great Coastal Hike
3 days hiking expedition in Kep and Kampot town as a great coastal area of Cambodia. This will be one of the most exciting journey in Cambodia. The coast of Cambodia and French colonial architecture town – Kep and Kampot has long been hidden view, they offer plentiful historical and natural wonders to discover, and serves as a common gateway to Bokor National Park, the beaches of Kep, as long as tasting the flavor of fresh seafood.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Small Group
The coast of Cambodia and French colonial architecture town – Kep and Kampot has long been hidden view, they offer plentiful historical and natural wonders to discover, and serves as a common gateway to Bokor National Park, the beaches of Kep, as long as tasting the flavor of fresh seafood.
Today, walkers can experience peaceful and elegant colonial architecture of this beautiful town on foothill of Bokor National Park. The Bokor Hill is referring to a collection of French colonial building (hotel, casino, church, royal residence etc) constructed as a temperate mountain luxury resort and retreat for colonial residents in the early 1920s. This hiking expedition we also provide an easy walk through Khmer peaceful villages, paddy rice fields and Sarus crane conservation site where you’ll explore beautiful countryside, see real life of Khmer people, and learn something about wetland birds as well as Sarus Crane birds from local birding guide. From the charming villages of Kep and the beach of Kep you will enjoy beautiful of seaside, refreshing with lunch at local restaurant before we seek to French colonial architecture town of Kampot for relax and get sunset cruise tour on these sleepy river town. Our next day is hiking experience in Bokor Hill which is the great way to get natural experience, stunning mountain views and discover a collection of French colonial building with beautiful breezy and foggy at the top of mountain as much as enjoy packed lunch in the jungle. Our vehicle support is waiting us to get back Phnom Penh capital city in approximately 3-hour drive before we sign off our Great Coastal Hike.
- Explore Khmer peaceful villages, paddy rice fields and see some birds in Sarus crane conservation site as the home of wetland birds.
- Refreshing in Kep beach and enjoy an easy walk through seaside where you’ll encounter experience with coastal of Cambodia, daily life of Khmer people and visit seafood market
- Walking adventure through the Kep National park, explore seaside, local villages, Kep town and beautiful small mountain range from the hill top as much as visit butterfly farm.
- Experience in Kampot sunset cruise tour with stunning French colonial architecture views and enjoy your personal time at night in this beautiful colonial town
- Hiking adventure on the hilltop of Bokor Hill Station, where you’ll encounter experience with stunning views of seaside, Kampot town, and refreshing with fresh air, good temperate mountain and beautiful forest.
Tour at a glance
- Depart daily at 7:30am
- Duration: 3 days/ 2 nights
- Total hiking distance: 22km (14 miles)
- Activity level: Moderate Terrain
- 2 hours boat tour through the mangrove forest and fishing community
- 2 hours Kampot sunset cruise tour where you will explore this peaceful river town, and firefly
- Minimum Age: 12 years old
- Max group size: 10
- Private groups and family adventures are also available for this journey
- Photographic: Good
- otel pick up and drop off in Phnom Penh city
- English speaking hike guide and local guides
- 2-hour boat tour in Fishing community
- 2-hour Kampot Sunset cruise tour
- All entrance fees and drinking water
- Private vehicle support
Accommodation and Meals
- 1 night at community home stay
- 1-night hotel at Two Moon Kampot Hotel (2pax per room)
- Single supplement US$45
- 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches and 3 dinners
- Personal expense and tips
- All alcohol or other drink doesn’t mention in the tour plan
- Travel Insurance
Hiking to Kep National Park and boat tour through the mangrove forest
We’ll meet you and pick you up from your hotel in Phnom Penh from 7:00am. After the mini bus transfer, we’ll having breakfast at local restaurant where you can try some Khmer soup noodle, fried rice and a morning coffee. Continuously, we drive directly to Kep National Park for a first day hike at a coastal area of Cambodia. Walking through jungle on the trails boast incredible views of Phu Quoc and the Bokor Ranges on the south and west sides, and views across islands of the vast Vietnamese marine reserve in Kiên Giang to the east side. Then explore another part of the mountain range and visit butterfly farm where you’ll encounter experience with fresh air and local villages on foothill. After visit the national park and butterfly farm, get on our vehicle and try to local restaurant for lunch and refreshing with fresh air, seaside and Kep beach. Then we continue to check in our home stay at Trapaing Sangke Fishing Based Ecotourism and preparing for Sunset boat tour through mangrove forests and dinner in this community.
|Hiking distance 6km| Meals B L D| 2 hours boat tour| Overnight in a local home stay|
Hiking in the forest of Bokor Hill National Park and Kampot Sunset cruise tour
After breakfast at 7:30am, we will drive to Bokor National Park where you’ll hike to discover these beautiful and peaceful hills with perfectly climate, explore beautiful jungle and experience with packed lunch. You’ll walking through chattering rainforest, where Pleat Gibbon snuffle in the underbrush and many birds flight from tree to tree, you’ll encounter a Bokor Hill Station untouched by the crowds. Bokor Hill is referring to a collection of French colonial building (hotel, casino, church, Buddha monastery and royal residence etc.), constructed as a temperate mountain luxury resort and retreat for colonial residents in the early 1920s. After refreshing at the hilltop of Bokor Mountain, we drive back to Kampot town to check in the Two Moon Hotel and relax for a few hours, before being collected this evening to embark on Kampot Sunset cruise tour and enjoy any drink. A refreshing in dip of Kampot River with fresh air is the perfect way to end our second day tour before your own way in town at a nighttime. You’re welcome to explore longer or return to your hotel with or without your guide.
|Hiking distance 14km| Meals B L D| 2 hours Kampot Sunset cruise tour| Overnight in Two Moon Hotel|
French colonial town walking tour and Anlung Pring birding at twilight
After breakfast, get your walking shoes and head out to explore the impressive formation of Kampot town, where the beautiful French Colonial architecture through city and Kampot River. You can visit Kampot central market where the center of seafood, clothes, vegetable and fruit etc. Then, we check out the hotel and drive to Anglung Pring Birding Conservation Site. On arrival these ecotour community, we provide an easy walk through Khmer local villages where you’ll encounter experience with real life of local people, peaceful villages, beautiful paddy field and visit the birding protection site as the rich of Sarus Crane and another numerous of wetland birds. Then, we get back to Phnom Penh capital city at 4pm as to sign off our Great Coastal Hike.
|Walking 2 km| Meals: B L D | 2-hour drive back to Phnom Penh |
We offer variable accommodation during the trip where you will experience to stay in the natural place and heart of French colonial architecture town of Kampot
- Tropaing Sangke Fishing Community Based Ecotourism Site: It was established by the villagers under supported by ActionAid International. The aims to promote mangrove reforestation and local income generation through their home stay service, boat tour, planting the mangrove forest and etc. Click Here to learn more about this Ecotourism Community.
- Two Moon Hotel: The hotel is located on the main riverside street and the heart of Kampot province, yet far enough to benefit of the calm and tranquility of nature. Turn left and walk 200m and you are in a local fishing village with its early morning seafood market; a colorful display of large and small fishing boats on the go in an area primarily populated by Cambodian’s belonging to the ethnic group known as Cham, a reference to an ancient empire of warriors. Turn right and stroll along the beautifully upgraded riverside promenade, passing the newly built governors mansion and in to town just a ten minute walk away. Click here to learn more about the hotel.