The Mekong Experience
A day tour to the island of Mekong with bicycle and river cruise from Phnom Penh. It is a great experience and fun ride through peaceful Khmer villages, farmland and silk weaving factory as long as a refreshing in deep of Mekong River by cruise at twilight and see the floating villages.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Medium Group
Journey to the Island of Mekong by boat and bike to see beautiful countryside, fruit orchards and silk weaving villages which about 18km from Phnom Penh capital city. This 1 day at the Island of Mekong is the perfect day trip for those wanting to experience both cycling and boating tour through Mekong River and it islands. Boat up and down the Mekong and see how the people live outside of Phnom Penh city and cycle through the island where you’ll encounter experience with beautiful countryside, pretty local villages, and connect with local artisan when you visit silk weaving workshop as much as delicious local lunch.
- Boat up and down the Mekong and see how the people live outside of Phnom Penh city
- Cycle to explore beautiful countryside, fruit orchards and visit silk weaving workshop
- Explore deference site of Khmer villages, and see real life and real culture of Khmer people
- Delicious Khmer local foods, and relax with a fresh breezy of the Mekong
Tour at a glance:
- Depart daily at 8:30am
- Cycling distance 18 Kilometers (11miles)
- 95% off roads – boat and vehicle supported
- Minimum Age: 6 years old
- Max Group Size: 18 Pax
- Join and end in Phnom Penh Capital City
- Duration: 7-8 hours
- Pick you up from your hotel and transfer to Phnom Penh Ferry Port – next to the Diamond Island, Phnom Penh
- Starting time: 8.30 AM
- Phnom Penh Party Boat, Boat Docks, Sisowath Quay, Phnom Penh where you can take a walking through river front and optional to drop you off at your hotels
- Hotel pick up and drop off in Phnom Penh city
- English- speaking cycle guide
- Cannondale Mountain Bike and helmet
- All ferry crossing fees, purified drinking water and fruit
- Lunch at a local restaurant
- A vehicle support and river cruise
- Travel insurance
- Miscellaneous personal expenses and tips
- Liquors, beers and bottled beverages
- Photography accessories like cameras etc
The Great Mekong Island Experience with bicycle and river cruise
In the morning from 8am, we’ll pick you up from your hotel by Tuk Tuk or Van upon the group size and drive to the meeting point at Phnom Penh Ferry Port next to Diamond Island. We saddle up, test the bicycle and get on the ferry for a morning fun ride through peaceful Khmer villages, farmland where the richest crops like banana, mango, eggplants, corns, lemongrass as much as a numerous of Khmer cows with white skin. A refreshing in the farming villages, visiting silk weaving factory and tasting fresh fruit and drink cool water is the best way for energy and experience with local people about silk weaving processing. Then, we cycle to the Mekong Island and Our guide will show you the lifestyle of people on the island, which based on fruit and vegetable orchards and how they can connect their lives with people at Phnom Penh City. Continuously, we ride to the local restaurant as located in the Silk Island for our lunch and relax a few hour in these peaceful resort as surrounded by Mekong River and covered by the plantations. Silk Island is named by tourists located on upstream of Mekong River, farmlands, breezy, beautiful countryside were make this island get more attractive from local people and tourists, especially silk weaving community. At the silk island, you’ll explore a lot of thing about family farming activities, local villages and experience with local people in farm if you wish. Then we bike to our waiting cruise and down the Mekong at the twilight where you’ll encounter experience with the Mekong and especially fishing community and floating villages before we sign off this wonderful occasion at the Mekong.
|18 km cycling| Meals = L | 2 hours river cruise |
We do suggest you to bring appropriate clothing to fit the season and a day pack to carry extra snacks and water. Here is some of the items that you can on it:
- Wear comfort clothes
- Shoes, sunglasses and sun cream with SPF+
- Mosquito repellent and Camera or smart phone for taking some photo during the trip and make sure their battery are enough
Yes. Reservations are required for guaranteed spots on all tours. Reservations help us determine the number of guides we need to ensure that our groups remain manageable and enjoyable, and they allow us to notify you of changes to the tour due to weather or anything that could disturb the tours.
Yeah! You can make it. It’s your trip, with your group, on your schedule with your friends and family that play together, stay together.
Private trips can range in cost based on your group size. Here is what you can typically expect for booking your private group on a trip with us*:
- 10 or more guests 5% discount
- 7 – 9 guests price as an advertise
- 4 – 6 guests: + 10% to trip price
- 1 – 3 guests: + 15% to trip price
*Pricing, availability and guest minimums are all subject to change at any time.
Cambodian food tends not to be as hot or spicy as Thai and 85% of Cambodia food are come from vegetable and fish as normally they eat as a fresh meal. The most popular fast food in Cambodia, often served from street stalls, is the Chinese noodle soup. Commonly Cambodia meals is including steam rice, while your traveling on this journey we will find a wide variety of Cambodia cuisines such as Amok, green curry, green herb soup, and other stir-fried vegetable.
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required