Beyond The Oudong Temple and Birdwatching in Phnom Penhfrom
Embark on an unparalleled birdwatching day trip in Phnom Penh, immersing yourself in the best birding options across diverse sites. Encounter an array of wetland birds, water birds, and migratory birds amidst breathtaking views of floating fields and paddy rice fields. Elevate the experience with a touch of local culture at Oudong Mountain, the former royal family capital of Cambodia before Phnom Penh. This journey promises a harmonious blend of avian exploration and historical richness.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday TypeBirding Tour, Discovery, Family
Activity Level Leisurely
Group Size Small Group
Embark on a captivating birdwatching day trip in Phnom Penh, where you’ll traverse diverse sites to encounter a plethora of avian species, including the Cambodian tailorbird, Black-crowned Night-heron, Oriental Darter, Black drongo, Green-billed Malkoha, Asian Openbill, Lesser Whistling-duck, Little Grebe, Cinnamon Bittern, Grey Heron, Java Pond Heron, Black-shouldered Kite, and numerous migratory birds. Enriching the experience, explore the local life along the Tonle Sap River, visit floating villages, and discover the historic Oudong temple.
This comprehensive tour includes round-trip vehicle support, the expertise of a local birding guide, and delectable meals.
- Top Birds: Black-crowned Night-heron, Oriental Darter, Black drongo, Green-billed Malkoha, Asian Openbill, Lesser Whistling- duck, Little Grebe, Cinnamon Bittern, Grey Heron, Java Pond Heron, Black -shouldered Kite, Cambodian Tailorbird, Oriental Pratincole, Brown Shrike, Javan Pond Heron, Zebra Dove, Indian Roller, Blue-tailed Bee-eater, White-breasted waterhen, Purple Swamphen, Pheasant-Tailed Jacana, Bronze winged jacana, little cormorant, little ringed plover, Whimbrel, Cattle Egret, Common Greenshank , Pied kingfisher, Collared kingfisher, Common Lora, Black-winged Stilt, Sunbirds, Coppersmith Barbet and a numerous of wetland birds.
- Explore a stunning view of floating fields, floating villages, a silversmith workshop and learn about the old capital city of Cambodia when we visit Oudong temple.
- Enjoy a morning coffee or Khmer herb tea and fruit at the birding sites and Khmer local lunch
Tour at a glance:
- Depart daily with a suppose to pick up from 5:30am and end at 3pm
- Number species of birds: 30 to 60 as depending on the season
- Tour pace & walking: Fairly relaxed and easy pace through the grasslands, rice fields, wetland, and cultivation.
- Group size: 2pax to 8pax with 1 local birder
- Photographic: Good
- Tour Fee (per person): 105$
- Hotel pick up & drop off in Phnom Penh
- Local birding guide
- Purified drinking water, Refreshment fruits
- Morning coffee & breakfast and lunch
- Binocular (Please kindly to bring binos if you has)
- Round trip vehicle support
- Travel insurance
- Miscellaneous personal expenses and tips
Birdwatching day trip in Phnom Penh
Commence your birding adventure at 5:30 am, either with a pick-up service or at the Independence Monument meeting point. A 30-minute drive leads to the first site, where countryside and water birds like the little bee-eater, little grebe, great cuckoo, plaited prinia, little egret, blue-tailed bee-eater, and kingfisher await observation.
Subsequently, embark on a scenic drive along the Tonle Sap Riverside, passing rice fields and the Muslim community, to set up another observation site. Here, spot yellow bittern, black-winged kites, sunbirds, Indian roller, oriental darter, and Asian yellow weaver.
Enjoy a morning coffee and fruit break while overlooking grassfields, enhancing the bird-viewing experience. Highlights include black-crowned night heron, Mayan pond heron, little egret, great egret, pied kingfisher, common kingfisher, Cambodian tailorbirds, common greenshank, black-winged stilt, grey heron, and other wetland birds.
After a relaxing break, explore a floating village on the Tonle Sap River, visit a silversmith workshop, and proceed to lunch. Conclude the day with birding at Oudong temple, delving into the history of the old capital city, before returning to Phnom Penh around 3 or 4 pm. Sign off on a remarkable birding and local culture experience in Cambodia’s capital.
Below is a list of equipment that we suggest you take with you.
- Wear comfort clothes and shoes
- Sunscreen, sunhat, lip balm, and sunglasses
- Smartphone or camera and make sure their batteries and memory space are enough
- Small day backpack as it easy to carry something of your personal stuff and water
There is no matter that you didn’t bring your bins for birdwatching tour, we have such of equipment to entire this birding trip ending with enjoyable and bird encounters. We have binocular for individual, field scope, birding checklist, and birding guidebook.
Throughout this birding journey, we running a project on ” Bird Awareness to the children” with an objective to raise awareness on birds, wildlife and environment to children where it will contribute the sustainable development.
Therefore, we would happy to get some of your used gears for birding and wildlife such as: Binocular, GPS, Color for children painting, note book, refillable bottle, etc.
We do not accept cash for the donation..!
Orkun Chroeun ( Thanks ..!)
Well, that is available for your meal option during the trip with us. We has known, some of the most common dietary restrictions include vegan and vegetarianism, peanut allergies, lactose intolerance, and gluten intolerance etc. Therefore, you could mention us during your proceed the booking or direct contact to us via WhatsApp +85512883898.
Well, currently we are available French or Spanish speaking guide beside the English. We need you to make a request in advance for French or Spanish speaking guide with an addition fee 25$ per group.