Kirirom National Park Day Hikefrom
Experience an unique day trek adventure through the primary forest of Kirirom National Park where we step up through pine forest and head to the cliff with amazing views of the Cardamom Mountains Range and downhill to the hidden waterfall of Chambok Ecotourism Community.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Medium Group
Experience an unique day trek adventure through the primary forest of Kirirom National Park where we step up through pine forest and head to the cliff with amazing views of the Cardamom Mountains Range and downhill to the hidden waterfall of Chambok Ecotourism Community. Kirirom National Park is established on a seven hundred meters hill covering an area of over thirty five thousand hectares in the Elephant Mountains. The name ‘Kirirom’ meaning Mountain of Joy was given to it by the King of Cambodia. Kirirom National Park, a high altitude plateau, is known for its unique high elevation pine forest, which forms the headwaters for numerous streams feeding Kampong Speu Town. This park is also the home to many endangered species of animals such as Pleated gibbon, sun bear and tiger and numerous forest birds.
- Experience the trek through the primary forest and pine forest which concluded with the waterfall, bat cave and a stunning view of Cardamom Mountains.
- Enjoy the jungle landscape, wildlife & birds and local lunch after we step out through the ranger trails that serve by Chambok Ecotourism Community
- Enjoy a landing journey through the rural area and countryside of Cambodia
Tour at a glance:
- Depart daily at 6:30am
- Total trekking distance: 21km (13 miles)
- Max attitude: 700 meter from the sea level (2,296ft)
- Activity level: Moderate (Steep up in some small hills)
- Mini group size: 2 (Solo traveler able to request)
- Max group size: 12, except a private group
- Minimum age: 10 years old
- Photographic & birds opportunities: Good
- Tour join in Phnom Penh
- Tour end in Phnom Penh and option transfer to Sihanoukville, Kampot or Koh Koh province
Tour Fee (per person):
- 2pax to 4pax : 139$ per person
- 5pax to 8pax : 105$ per person
- 9pax to 12 pax: 89$ per person
- Child up to 12 years old: 89$ required to book from 1 adults
- Senior (13 to 17 years): 109$ required to book from 1 adults
- Hotel pick up & drop off
- English speaking trek guide & local guide
- Entrance ticket fee to Ecotourism community and national park
- 1 breakfast & 1 lunch
- Snack & purified drinking water (please bring refillable water bottle)
- Round trip vehicle support to Phnom Penh
- Alcoholic and other expense
- Travel insurance & tips
Hiking discover the Kirirom National Park with the locals
Our day trek begins to pick you up from the hotel in Phnom Penh where it will start from 6:00am. Then, we have a private transfer through the expressway to Kirirom National Park where we take around 2 hours to drive. Upon the arrival of the national park, we will meet our local guide and drive more to the top of the mountain. Our hike will start through the pine forest and head to the mountain cliff where you are amazed with the stunning view of Cardamom Mountain Range. Then we take the ranger trail to the hidden waterfall and bat cave of Chambok Ecotourism Community. Through this hiking journey, we also have a change to see many species of forest birds such as Chinese Francolin, Common Flameback, Black-naped Oriole, Ashy Drongo, Greater Racket Tailed, Forest wagtail, White rumped Shama, Red-whiskered Bulbul, Puff-throated Babbler, White-crested Laughingthrush, Dark-necked Tailorbird, Blue-eared Barbet, Black- naped Monarch, Mountain Imperial- pigeon and a numerous of the forest birds as much as we have relaxing at the waterfall before we enjoy our local lunch that serve by a group of women at Chambok Ecotourism Community. Then, we drive back to Phnom Penh where we expect to arrive around 7pm as depend on the traffic condition. An option to drop you somewhere for the next destination like Kep, Kampot, Sihanoukville or Koh Kong. Refer to your next destination, please let us know during your booking where we can arrange the transportation for you with a reasonable price of transfer.
Hiking Distance Meals
21 km (13 miles) Breakfast & Lunch
Below is a list of equipment that we suggest you take with you.
- Wear comfort clothes and shoes ( No dress code require)
- Sunscreen, lip balm, and sunglasses
- Smartphone or camera and make sure their batteries and memory space are enough
- Small day backpack
- Hat, Swimwear, Change of clothes
- Snacks, Insect repellent
- Passport, copy accepted
- Binoculars (optional)
All the luggage transfers are included and a private support vehicle is always available on this trip.
Well, that is available for your meal option during the trip with us. We have known, some of the most common dietary restrictions include vegan and vegetarianism, peanut allergies, lactose intolerance, and gluten intolerance etc. Therefore, you could mention us during your booking or direct contact to us via WhatsApp +85512883898.
Islam is the religion of a majority of the Cham (also called Khmer Islam) and Malay minorities in Cambodia. According to the general Population census results of the Kingdom of Cambodia 2019, there are around 311,045 Muslims in the country as of 2019. As of 2016, data from the Ministry also recorded 884 mosques scattered all throughout Cambodia.
If you’re staying in urban centers and tourist-friendly towns like Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, Battambang and Sihanoukville, you won’t have trouble finding restaurants owned by Muslims. Your dining options are also varied. There are restaurants and stalls serving Khmer halal food.