Mekong Island Bike Tour & Lunch with Farmersfrom
A half day cycling tour near Phnom Penh capital city to explore the beautiful of Mekong Island
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday TypeCycling, Family
Activity Level Leisurely
Group Size Medium Group
A half day cycling tour near Phnom Penh capital city. This is a best way to see peaceful Khmer villages, beautiful countryside and silk weaving factory which is located on upstream of the Mekong River about 18km from Phnom Penh capital city and enjoy a local lunch at farmer house. This journey runs from your hotel in Phnom Penh with optional of pick you up to the first ferry.
Islands of the Mekong River is combined by 3 small islands are covering by farmlands, Khmer traditional house and pretty local villages where the local people access there by ferry and easy way to see real life, real culture of Cambodia by bicycle near Phnom Penh city.
- Discover beautiful farmlands, beautiful countryside and pretty local villages of Cambodia
- Cycle through the lotus farms, paddy rice fields and visit Buddha temple
- Connect with a local artisans during the visit silk weaving house
- Learn more about real life of Cambodia rural area
- Enjoy Khmer local lunch at the farmer house
Tour at a Glance
- Depart daily at 7:30 am and 2:00 pm
- Cycling distance 25km to 30 km ( 18 miles) through the flat terrains
- Get to the island by local ferry
- Minimum age: 6 years old
- Max group size: 12 Pax except private group tour and student group tour
- Photographic: Good
Noted: Please provide us more information during your make a reservation as following:
- Tour date
- Customer heights
- Hotel name with address
- Dietary Restriction if you have
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- English speaking cycle guide
- Mountain bike & helmet
- All ferry crossing fees
- Khmer local lunch or dinner
- All drinking water, and fruit
- Vehicle supported
- Travel insurance
- Miscellaneous personal expenses and tips
A half day bike tour for a best way to explore Mekong Island by bicycle
We will pick you up from 7:30am at your hotel and drive to our starting point which located at Koh Dach island (Mekong Island). Upon the arrival, we choose the bike to fit with our size, wear helmet and our guide will have a brief about the trip included on how to use our bicycle, riding side and test a ride a little bit before we start.
Within the first part of our biking journey, we cycle through the local villages, vegetable farms and have some spot for our trip activities in Koh Dach island (main island of Mekong river around Phnom Penh). Our guide will show you the lifestyle of people on the Mekong Island, which based on vegetable farm like gingers, cucumber, banana, mango plantations as long as the silk weaving and fishing for their additional family income and how they can connect their lives with the people at Phnom Penh City. Continuously, we bike trough the silk island that named by tourists where it richest setting of farmlands, beautiful countryside and then visit the buddha temple with a storytelling about Buddhism and other religions in Cambodia as well. Then we get on another ferry crossing the Mekong river for explore some more path of the lotus farms, and paddy rice fields before we heading to the silk weaving house for refreshing and lunch at there.
After we enjoy our lunch at villager house, we connect a local artisan for a silk weaving and test to make it for our experience and then we cycle back to left our bike and get on our support vehicle back to your hotel for sign off our half day bike tour in Phnom Penh.
|30km cycling distance | Meals= L |
Below is a list of equipment that we suggest you take with you.
- Wear comfort clothes and shoes
- Sunscreen, lip balm, and sunglasses
- Swimsuit if you wish to swim in the Mekong River
- Smartphone or camera and make sure their batteries and memory space are enough
- Small day backpack as it easy to carry something of your personal stuff and water
Well, that is available for your meal option during the trip with us. We has known, some of the most common dietary restrictions include vegan and vegetarianism, peanut allergies, lactose intolerance, and gluten intolerance etc. Therefore, you could mention us during your proceed the booking or direct contact to us via WhatsApp +85512883898.
Islam is the religion of a majority of the Cham (also called Khmer Islam) and Malay minorities in Cambodia. According to from general Population census results of the Kingdom of Cambodia 2019, there are around 311,045 Muslims in the country as of 2019. As of 2016, data from the Ministry also recorded 884 mosques scattered all throughout Cambodia.